When the world throws technology challenges at us, we eat them up. And then we ask for more. Welcome to life on the TMP technology team. Here, you’ll work on our scalable, evolving platform, face tremendous software challenges, and work on projects for Fortune 100 clients. You'll be part of a fiercely collaborative technology team charged with creating digital solutions that are transforming the way employers and job seekers connect. That means contributing to high-traffic websites for a broad range of high-profile companies. Developing next-generation applications and products for some of the most recognized brands in the world. And actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies. All this in an environment that constantly challenges you to push beyond boundaries and enhance your expertise—with the support of a global team of industry experts. Sound like a fit for your talent and passion? Read on.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Product Manager at TMP? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 7
- Entrepreneurial 10
- Helpful 8
- Organized 8
- Problem-solver 9
- Technologically savvy 8
- Expressive presenter
Learning what our customers want to make their jobs as efficient and effective as possible, and working with diverse teams to deliver on those needs, really makes me feel great at the end of the day.Greg Cromwell, Product Manager
The Five P’s of Employee-generated Content.
There’s more to this valuable resource than just asking coworkers to upload photos and their thoughts.
The six talent problems that content solves.
From increased engagement to better click-to-apply ratios, content can make your recruitment process easier and more effective.
Comprehensive coverage with flexible options, including FSA and HSA.
21 days PTO, 10 paid holidays and your birthday off.
Regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – both large and small.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
Downtown – with easy access to restaurants, entertainment and public transportation.
Primarily focusing on TMP’s CRM and CMS offerings, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring assigned products are properly communicated to all appropriate parties - from sales to account service to client users themselves. This includes field/sales documentation, training materials, release note delivery, competitive analysis and overall collection of client feedback. In addition, the PMM will serve as a subject matter expert to the company on CRM and specific functionality included.
- Ensure all product documentation related to the product(s) are completed and updated on an as-needed basis. This includes: proposals/legal contracts, field-facing implementation guides, sales sheets/FAQS, and billing instructions.
- Manage field queries on functionality/feature/enhancement/strategy questions
- Gather information on regular intervals on product satisfaction/client needs via meetings with Account Services, Sales and/or Client Users and Prospects
- Hold expert-level knowledge of CRM-related functionality (email marketing, SMS marketing, etc.) and assist field and Product Team as needed
- Maintain a series constantly updated competitive analysis documents that can be easily accessed on demand by the field.
- Constantly gather competitive information from the field, web research/webinars, and any other means necessary to keep abreast of the competitive landscape.
- Maintain a running list of enhancement requests/ideas that will be considered as future roadmap additions
- Create and deliver internal and external training presentations as needed
- Partner with Marketing to identify and properly convey CRM’s value proposition(s)
- Communicate to the field on release(s)
- Own major release communications (what is included, value, implementation steps, etc.)
- Work with Product Marketing Manager (Definition) and Product Manager assigned to specific project to ensure vision and scope of functionality is understood
- 2+ years of related Product and/or Marketing experience
- CRM / email marketing experience / recruitment advertising experience preferred
- Including knowledge of OFFCP, GDPR and other legal/compliance/security considerations related to CRM, data collection and marketing
- Excellent presentation skills with Proven skills in PowerPoint/Presentation development
- Must have exceptional soft skills, including the ability to articulate to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to work with business owners/stakeholders
- Knowledge of web analytics and project management tools
About our Location
Waltham OfficeView Map