We are redefining how companies across North America position themselves as employers of choice by using digital tools to help them attract, engage and retain the best talent in the market. You’ll work with clients to identify their needs and/or challenges, and recommend solutions that leverage our integrated software solutions and digital delivery teams -- all for some of the most recognized brands in the world. You’ll identify and drive growth opportunities, fostering innovation that delivers on our clients’ business goals. And you’ll constantly push the limits of talent acquisition to change the way companies and candidates connect.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: Yes (25-35%, regional)
What makes a successful Director, New Business Development at TMP? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver 9
- Entrepreneurial 8
- Technologically/ Digitally savvy 8
- Goal-oriented 7
- Analytical 7
- Good listener 7
Business development at TMP Worldwide allows me the opportunity to stay at the forefront of what’s new and next in our industry while helping prospects and clients solve critical recruitment marketing challenges.Lou, VP Business Development
Comprehensive coverage with flexible options, including FSA and HSA.
21 days PTO, 10 paid holidays and your birthday off.
Regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – both large and small.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
Downtown – with easy access to restaurants, entertainment and public transportation.
We are redefining how companies around Boston, position themselves as employers of choice by using digital tools to help them attract, engage and retain the best talent in the market.
You bring a proven expertise and passion for acquiring new clients and you have proven success in cold calling, sales pitches, creating presentation material, strategic planning, and general business development. You are a sales hunter who can tell a compelling story to senior HR and Talent Acquisition leaders using your influence and skills at relationship building.
TMP Worldwide is growing fast and you will have an opportunity to make a real difference in the growth of our business and specifically here in Boston.
As Director, New Business Development for our Waltham office you will:
- Develop and execute a sales and marketing plan on how you will achieve your goals and objectives
- Engage Fortune 500 organizations and build relationships with primarily Senior HR and Talent Acquisition professionals and where appropriate with HRIS and Communications Leaders
- Be a credible subject matter expert regarding trends in employer brand, recruitment marketing and advertising (new, digital, social, search media)
- Formulate and answer request for proposals (RFPs); liaise and collaborate with RFP team
- Work with local and cross-border teams to capitalize on their expertise for solution presentations and proposals
- Conduct research on new customer prospects and their competitors by using online tools to identify opportunities to create prospect conversations
- Influence prospect decision making by maintaining strong knowledge of current product and service offering to effectively articulate and align TMP’s solution to the prospective customers’ needs
- Work collaboratively with client development to seamlessly transition new customers to their dedicated Client Strategist or Account Director
- Maintain expertise of industry and competitors to better understand TMP’s value and differentiators in our market
- Regularly attend networking events and conferences to promote TMP and your brand
- Attend division meetings, calls and knowledge sessions
- Coordinate and manage essential trade shows in assigned territory
- Deliver on administrative responsibilities such as activity and pipeline reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
Requirements for Consideration
- Must have a strong business network and relationships within the HR Sector - Senior HR and Talent Acquisition professionals (CHRO/SVP/VP/DIR)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7-10 years’ outside experience selling enterprise solutions, in new business development utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Experience in the HR Sector required such as software, training and recruiting a must
- Experience in advertising or related experience preferred
- Comfortable working with and building relationships at all levels most importantly senior executives
- Motivated, organized, energized and positive attitude
- Strong probing and listening skills
- Dynamic presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written communications
- Display strong closing techniques throughout the sales cycle
- Strong networking capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About our Location
Waltham OfficeView Map