- New York, NY
- Regular Full-Time
When the world throws technology challenges at us, we eat them up. And then we ask for more. Welcome to life on the TMP technology team. Here, you’ll work on our scalable, evolving platform, face tremendous software challenges, and work on projects for Fortune 100 clients. You'll be part of a fiercely collaborative technology team charged with creating digital solutions that are transforming the way employers and job seekers connect. That means contributing to high-traffic websites for a broad range of high-profile companies. Developing next-generation applications and products for some of the most recognized brands in the world. And actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies. All this in an environment that constantly challenges you to push beyond boundaries and enhance your expertise—with the support of a global team of industry experts. Sound like a fit for your talent and passion? Read on.
As part of the product architecture and engineering team, the Database Administrator is primarily responsible for the monitoring and management of TMP’s SQL Server environments. This role also provides opportunities to work with some of the newest technologies on the market such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch. You will be involved in projects that will automate and optimize processes in TMP's new and existing server environments, and will work in close collaboration with the development and dev-ops teams to design systems that meet the high demand and resilient service that our customers have grown to expect.
What does a great Database Architect do?
- Implementation of Best Practices
- Database Monitoring
- Backup and Recovery Management
- Patches and Upgrades
- Performance Tuning and Server Optimizations
- Cluster Management
- Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Automation Processes
- Compliance for Security Controls
Requirements for consideration
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience; MCDBA Certification preferred.
- 3-5 years DBA experience
- 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server 2005 and above
- Must possess excellent communication skills for team projects and client communication.
- Experience designing and optimizing complex Integration Services Packages.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Clustering, Replication, and Logshipping
- Strong analytical skills for problem resolution, database and SQL performance tuning and backups.
- Additional Desired Skills: Microsoft Cluster, Replication, Transact/SQL, IIS, DTS, C#. Experience using a source control system is a plus. Experience using a scripting language such as Powershell is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.