- New York, NY
- Regular Full-Time
When the world throws technology challenges at us, we eat them up. And then we ask for more. Welcome to life on the TMP technology team. Here, you’ll work on our scalable, evolving platform, face tremendous software challenges, and work on projects for Fortune 100 clients. You'll be part of a fiercely collaborative technology team charged with creating digital solutions that are transforming the way employers and job seekers connect. That means contributing to high-traffic websites for a broad range of high-profile companies. Developing next-generation applications and products for some of the most recognized brands in the world. And actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies. All this in an environment that constantly challenges you to push beyond boundaries and enhance your expertise—with the support of a global team of industry experts. Sound like a fit for your talent and passion? Read on.
As a Product Manager, you will play a key role in the formulation of TMP’s next generation of products. You will serve as the team’s primary liaison between the product management and engineering teams. In collaboration with creative and UX, you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring our software products meet the demands of a competitive marketplace that requires frequent yet compelling releases. As the voice of the end user and customer you will be expected to understand their needs and articulate them to cross functional team.
What does a great Product Manager do?
- Identify profitable opportunities and launch new products and features that contribute to global roadmap and the needs of the recruitment marketing industry
- Oversee and care for products and features that our customers use and love
- Communicate and document business goals, customer goals, end user goals
- Conduct usability tests
- Create, maintain and organize the product backlog into incremental releases
- Clearly articulate and document user stories with specific acceptance criteria for each story
- Lead and participate daily scrum meetings
- Answer questions and clarify details on user stories or acceptance criteria
- Verify stories are complete based on acceptance criteria
- Evaluate increment at end of Sprint and add or remove stories from backlog as necessary
- Drive acceptance testing
- Deliver the iteration, present the feature, and sell the product
- Coordinate with other product owners/managers to ensure coherence of product and releases
- Document product capabilities, project progress, and release notes
Requirements for consideration
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of minimum experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner in consumer-based website environment
- 1-2 years’ experience in an Agile/Scrum/XP environment
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Must have exceptional soft skills, including the ability to articulate to both technical and business audiences
- Experience with a geographically distributed development team
- Experience performing end-user interviews, leading requirements gathering sessions, and User Acceptance Testing
- Expert ability in hunting product opportunities, eliminating feature gaps, requirements gathering, story writing, data analysis, process analysis, testing implementation and change management
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Ability to work with business owners/stakeholders
- Naturally curious and inquisitive nature, and unrelenting desire to learn and master industry knowledge or product management skills
- JIRA or Rally experience is required
- Certified Scrum Product Owner is a plus
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.