- Regular Full-Time
Purpose of Position
The Account Manager manages the client relationship within their portfolio, effectively driving relationships and playing a pivotal role that knits all client activity together. The Account Manager will work closely with the Client Strategist to drive new ideas and ensure that all work adheres to the long-term vision for that account. The Account Manager will drive briefs, develop strategies, and work across the agency to ensure project delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day delivery of work in own client portfolio through delegation to the team/s as appropriate.
- Taking individual accountability for the running of client accounts in own portfolio.
- Establish yourself as key contact for client at appropriate level in client organisation.
- Recognising and taking opportunities within client accounts for growing accounts and introducing new products and services that support their needs – typically across web, social, TalentBrew and Metrics.
- Giving well researched briefs and challenging Creative team on work if required.
- Acting as the ‘internal client’ for client portfolio and ensuring brand consistency across all work.
- Managing and coaching team members as appropriate.
- Working closely with Account Director and/or Client Strategist regarding broader people management issues and commercialism of accounts, including broader agency overview.
- Point of contact for team issues in the absence of either the Account Director or Client Strategist.
- Aware of financial performance of clients within own portfolio in terms of costings and margin.
- Ensuring that Concept requirements are being met, both for own client accounts and those of Senior Account Executive and Account Executive.
Skills & Requirements:
- Proven experience within client service environment - advertising/marketing or communications background
- Knowledge and experience of recruiting students is desirable
- Can display up to date working knowledge of digital solutions in terms of both trends (attraction, techniques and infrastructure) and tools
- Thorough knowledge of the recruitment marketplace
- A good working knowledge of general business principles
- Ability to work with designated and virtual teams
- Ability to advise clients on long and short-term strategies
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices
- Proven working knowledge of brand conceptualisation and development
- The ability to build strong relationships
- The ability to influence
- The ability to lead a team
- The ability to forge long lasting client relationships
- Good MS office skills