- Regular Full-Time
Purpose of position:
AIA Worldwide is the London office of a global talent marketing company that combines creativity and technology to help some of the world’s largest and best known organisations attract the best talent. Worldwide, we be buy more recruitment focused media than any other company. The media we buy and track combined with over 117m apply clicks through our TalentBrew recruitment website software (used by over 300 of the world’s leading companies) means we have exceptional insight into candidate behavior to support our media planning and buying decisions.
As Director of Media for Europe, you’ll be based in our London office and will take day-to-day responsibility for managing the media team in London. In addition, you’ll also be responsible for effective co-ordination of our media strategy across Europe and representing the company at key pan-European pitches and meetings.
We’re looking for someone who can combine a deep understanding of both traditional and performance-based media channels (ideally within the recruitment arena), and who is a natural strategic thinker who can also execute at the tactical level. Strong analytic and commercial skills will be matched with excellent relationship building capability, deep understanding of the importance of delivery to internal and external stakeholders and very strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented media leader to join a global company and lead media thinking on an international scale.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use data and insight to make intelligent planning decisions and have the ability to take clients and colleagues on a journey from traditional to performance-based channels where appropriate.
- Harness the power of our TalentBrew recruitment marketing technology and the data-set it provides to drive intelligent performance-based strategies that amplify the value of our clients’ software investment.
- Create agile and sustainable ways of working across the team that enables responsiveness combined with strategic thinking.
- Be hands on and lead by example, ensuring the teams deliver for the business – right first time, every time.
- Deliver training and share knowledge around thought leadership on the trends of media, both internally and externally. Identify, negotiate with and manage external providers of media related services/products where necessary
- Manage relationships between clients and external suppliers – troubleshooting internal/external issues and meeting with key clients/suppliers to define current/upcoming activity. Identify new products within current media, and new channels in general.
- Ensure we have the right processes, tools and technology in place to provide best-in-class media solutions to our clients and colleagues.
- Provide international research for local markets.
- Manage commercial targets, e.g. minimum margins for different service lines, overall targets for media.
- Build a positive, productive and healthy working relationships across the company whilst maintaining an objective outlook on best outcomes and overall efficiency.
Skills & Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of the broad media spectrum ideally gained in a recruitment marketing and / or agency context.
- Experience of leading teams and developing people, ideally across multiple office locations
- Ability to travel regularly, within the UK and across Europe.
- Understanding and experience of working with analytics platforms and / or working closely with in-house or third party analytics teams to help inform future strategies and ROI of campaigns and strategies.
- Understanding of global markets and differences in media consumption, especially within Europe.
- Attention to detail, particularly relevant in terms of budget control and reporting.
- Ability to explain Media and the benefits of new media using simple terminology to those who don’t understand/aren’t familiar with it.
- Approachable and excellent at building relationships.
- Ability and willingness to challenge internal/external teams where necessary.
- Excellent written English and a good working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint.
- Organised and able to manage many priorities/campaigns/budgets at the same time.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines