It begins with innovative technology. The kind that enhances company brands, empowers them to engage with their audience, and delivers a consistent voice across every connection point. As the global leader in talent acquisition technologies, we’re committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands. To do that, we need stellar people in our Finance Team, making sure we’re always on track. Over the past 10 years – from healthcare to government to retail to technology and everything in between – we’ve revolutionized the way companies and candidates connect. Come be a part of the revolution.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Financial Analyst at TMP? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 9
- Leadership 8
- Organized 8
- Problem-solver 8
- Results-driven 9
- Skilled presenter 7
My co-workers are all so friendly and the office itself is really laid back, but we all know what has to get done and when, we are a collaborative group and open to other ideas and changes on improving the day to day tasksLinda, Sr. Financial Analyst
Comprehensive coverage with flexible options, including FSA and HSA.
21 days PTO, 10 paid holidays and your birthday off.
Regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – both large and small.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
Downtown – with easy access to restaurants, entertainment and public transportation.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be primarily involved with illuminating business performance implied by financial/quantitative metrics and ad-hoc data analyses and helping establish new, actionable, operating metrics and reports. These core objectives will be met by executing various financial/data analyses and reporting activities at both the business unit and corporate levels.
What does a great Financial Analyst do?
- Facilitate the annual P&L budgeting process and subsequent monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Perform periodic variance analysis of budgeted, forecasted and actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variance drivers
- Author periodic written management reports summarizing P&L performance and variance analysis results
- Support all business unit managers in periodic financial and operational performance reviews, helping to draft presentations that clearly articulate the “story” implied by the analytical findings/insights
- Assist in identifying and implementing financial and operationally relevant Key Performance Indicators across and within respective business units
- Proactively develop the business unit managers’ proficiency in interpreting and acting on financial/quantitative metrics to improve organizational performance; assist them, in conjunction with the Operations team, to develop and measure actionable plans
- Proactively analyze the financial stability (profitability) of individual accounts (clients), identify drivers and make recommendations
- Support business unit managers in developing financial information for RFP & Pricing submissions
- Assist in establishing and maintaining various reusable reporting templates
- Take an active role in further developing TMP’s Financial Reporting and Analysis policies and procedures, producing high quality documentation as needed
- Execute ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting requests in support of business unit and corporate managers
- Maintain a working knowledge of current principles and methodologies in financial reporting; profit planning, cost accounting and profitability analysis best-practices as they apply to service organizations
Requirements for Consideration
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field; an MBA is preferred
- 4-6 years of finance experience, preferably in a services organization
- Strong data analysis skills; financial/business modeling experience a plus
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies such as Essbase and Oracle
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to efficiently communicate financial results to both financially and non-financially oriented persons
- Initiative; originate productive actions without specific instructions; generate new ideas, processes and approaches to meet business needs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About our Location
Germantown OfficeView Map