- Chicago, IL
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have the drive to ask big questions and create big solutions? If the prospect of manipulating massive volumes of data into meaningful information excites you, then Sr Data Engineer position is just for you! TMP’s Chicago Office is looking for an innovator who will use data to lead the process of transforming the way that employers and job seekers connect. With TMP’s expansive network of Fortune 100 clients, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of [dimensional modeling, data processing, and data visualization] toward revolutionizing an entire industry.
The Sr Data Engineer 's role is to bridge the gap between our business and client needs, and the Data Engineers. This individual will have a passion for data and experience using tools to interact and analyze it.
What does a great Sr Data Engineer do?
- Gathers requirements, analyzes, creates design documents, and performs impact analysis.
- Partner with senior leaders from product, engineering, and Performance Media Analysts to identify opportunities for improvement and drive decision-making.
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency and aggressive documentation.
- Builds processes to validate and ensure data integrity.
- Creates test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs testing of the related environments.
- Act as an internal consultant to help business users develop, enhance and maintain the metadata layers, reports, report definitions and dashboards.
- Raise the skill level of entire analyst team through the creation of exemplary work, mentorship and the introduction of better practices, processes and tools.
- Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
Requirements for consideration
- 3+ years of experience writing queries against traditional relational and dimensional databases.
- 2+ years of experience building interactive dashboards with Tableau.
- An in-depth knowledge of data visualization theory and technologies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced query development and design using SQL.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server or similar technologies
- 2+ years of Experience working with non-traditional databases including more than one of the following systems: Spark, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, Teradata, Hive, Azure, Cassandra, etc. a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with data warehouses, data marts, and OLAP technologies.
- Experience in Google Cloud Services strongly preferred.
- Experience with web services integration architectures, including SOAP and REST, a plus
- Experience with Agile methods a plus
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that's committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients' employer brands - across every connection point.
We're looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.