- Chicago, IL
- Regular Full-Time
At TMP Worldwide, we ask ourselves important questions to find the big story behind the data. We’re a robust team of analysts, problem solvers, learners and idea-churners working to solve complex problems for our clients.
The Senior Data Analyst’s role is to bridge the gap between our business and client needs, and the Data Engineers. This includes participation in requirements gathering, analysis, planning, and developing solution. This individual will have a passion for data and experience using tools to interact and analyze it.
What does a great Senior Data Analyst do?
- Gathers requirements, analyzes, creates design documents, and performs impact analysis.
- Partner with senior leaders from product, engineering, and Performance Media Analysts to identify opportunities for improvement and drive decision-making.
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency and aggressive documentation.
- Builds processes to validate and ensure data integrity.
- Creates test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs testing of the related environments.
- Act as an internal consultant to help business users develop, enhance and maintain the metadata layers, reports, report definitions and dashboards.
- Raise the skill level of entire analyst team through the creation of exemplary work, mentorship and the introduction of better practices, processes and tools.
- Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL queries against traditional relational and dimensional databases.
- 2+ years of experience building interactive dashboards with Tableau or equivalent data visualization tool.
- An in-depth knowledge of data visualization theory and technologies strongly preferred.
- An in-depth knowledge of Excel, Power Pivot, and other BI tools.
- Understanding of and experience with ETL processes.
- Experience with Agile methods a plus.
- BS in related field preferred.
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.