As a Metrics Analyst, you’ll dive deep into the numbers behind online advertising campaigns for some of the most recognized names in the world. You’ll interpret and present your reports to coworkers and clients alike – while explaining the complex in simple ways. And you’ll leverage your strong background in website analytics, digital marketing, business intelligence tools and internet technologies to change the way companies and candidates connect.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Metrics Analyst at TMP? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Flexible 10
- Deadline-oriented 8
- Communicator 7
- Team player 6
- Independent 5
- Organized 5
- Technologically savvy
Digital marketing is all about analyzing campaign results. The more you understand what works, the better you can help your clients avoid what doesn’t.Paul, Metrics Analyst
Office Spotlight: Chicago
Working downtown opens up a wide range of places that you can call home.
What’s hot in metrics
Predictive analytics is changing the face of talent management.
Comprehensive coverage with flexible options, including FSA and HSA.
21 days PTO, 10 paid holidays and your birthday off.
On-site fitness center and in-building access to Illinois Center’s numerous restaurants, banks, shipping services, pharmacy and more.
Downtown – with easy access to restaurants, entertainment and public transportation.
Regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Competitive salaries and career growth opportunities.
Join us and be part of a team that is driving the future of marketing. We’re seeking a Metrics Analyst in our Chicago office. In this unique role you will be responsible for extracting, transforming and aggregating data from various systems to meet the needs of the Metrics Analysts. In this role you will work with data from third-party ad servers, web analytics platforms, social media platforms, search engines, proprietary data warehouses and various other sources. We are seeking an Excel geek, if V lookups, array formulas, named ranges, nested functions, web queries and pivot tables are part of your vocabulary then this position may be for you.
Here at TMP we’ve built a platform and strategy to combat these issues. We create objective based campaigns that stay on-target and provide value to the end user – ultimately delivering positive outcomes and rich insights to our clients with sophisticated measures that limit inefficiency and waste.
What does a great Metrics Analyst do?
Responsible for data structure and ongoing analysis of a set group of clients. It’s all about working with your team to set strong foundations which enable the data to be turned into a story which outlines learnings and actions. It usually requires a strong background in website analytics, digital marketing, social media marketing, business intelligence tools and internet technologies.
- Structures and analyzes advertising campaigns, highlighting campaign strengths and weaknesses, performance, trends and external influencers. This includes recommendations on optimization for campaigns in progress, maximizing media effectiveness and return on investment.
- Generates and checks monthly or quarterly reporting outputs.
- Provides technical expertise to identify and resolve any issues with campaign tracking and/or reporting.
- Assists with monthly or quarterly client presentations to review reporting and provide recommendations which improve effectiveness of media.
- Data Management:
- Define data output formats and export data from several internal and external sources
- Robust checking and QA schedule
- Clean or augment data as needed
- Aggregate data based on defined criteria
- Create template or custom reports based on client needs
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all data
- Author/contribute to periodic whitepapers or case studies.
Requirements for consideration
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of internet advertising experience with strong knowledge of search marketing and online advertising.
- Experience with a variety of primary analytic platforms, including Google Analytics, DoubleClick Digital Marketing (formerly DoubleClick For Advertisers), Google AdWords, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Twitter Analytics.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel and Access. Experience with designing, configuring, automating custom reports in both programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a high level of commitment and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A motivated self-starter who can work both autonomously and collaboratively.
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About our Location
Chicago OfficeView Map