- Chicago, IL
- Regular Full-Time
How did a health system revamp its image and grow a talent base in a matter of months? Where will a global company’s workforce be a year from now? At TMP Worldwide, we ask ourselves important questions to find the big story behind the data. We’re a robust team of analysts, problem solvers, learners and idea-churners working to solve complex problems for our clients.
What does a great Business Intelligence Developer do?
The Business Intelligence Developer’s role is to collaborate on design and implementation of data-related initiatives and systems. This includes participation in requirements gathering, analysis, planning, and developing solution. The Business Intelligence Developer is also responsible for timely data availability and system up-time through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Gathers requirements, analyzes, creates design documents, and performs impact analysis.
- Partner with team in cultivating long-term strategic goals for development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluate industry trends for opportunities to utilize new technologies and data sources for improvement and prepare strategies to implement these enhancements in the data environment.
- Act as an internal consultant to help business users develop, enhance and maintain the metadata layers, reports, report definitions and dashboards.
- Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
- Creates test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs testing of the related environments.
Requirements for consideration
- 3+ years of experience writing queries against traditional relational and dimensional databases.
- 2+ years of experience building interactive dashboards with Tableau.
- An in-depth knowledge of data visualization theory and technologies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced query development and design using SQL.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server or similar technologies
- 2+ years of Experience working with non-traditional databases including more than one of the following systems: Spark, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, Teradata, Hive, Azure, Cassandra, etc. a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with data warehouses, data marts, and OLAP technologies.
- Experience in Google Cloud Services strongly preferred.
- Experience with web services integration architectures, including SOAP and REST, a plus
- Experience with Agile methods a plus
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.