As a part of our Media & Analytics team, you’ll build integrated campaigns for some of the most recognized names in the world. You’ll research and negotiate with ease. And you’ll articulate how and why each media element works – evaluating and presenting complex results in simple ways. This is your opportunity to bridge the gap between data and meaning, and change the way companies and candidates connect.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Media Planner at TMP? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 5
- Deadline-oriented 7
- Positive 8
- Proactive 9
- Problem-starter 10
- Detail-oriented 6
The best part of my job is getting to see new media and innovations in the ad industry.Anita, Digital Media Planner
Debunk a social media recruiting myth.
Listen to folks from our Inbound Marketing Team as they deliver the real story on social best practices.
5 ways recruitment marketers can increase social media impressions.
Allison Kelley shares insights on how to beat the algorithms.
Comprehensive coverage with flexible options, including FSA and HSA.
21 days PTO, 10 paid holidays and your birthday off.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, to ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – both large and small.
Competitive salaries and career growth opportunities.
The Digital Media Planner works directly and autonomously with account management and clients to provide the strategic direction of client media campaigns. You will develop annual and quarterly plans for key accounts, as well as real-time requests to support client needs. This role will take strategic ownership of strategy, support and guide implementations as needed and drive results by analyzing performance and optimizing campaign components such as programmatic, paid and organic social or SEM. The ideal candidate will be able to present to account teams and clients, analyze and simplify complex data for insights as well as, identify and negotiate with media vendors. Additionally, there needs to be a constant curiosity to stay ahead of a changing and complex marketplace, and proactive plan for how these changes will impact client objectives.
What does a great Digital Media Planner do?
- Work directly with clients and account teams to understand overall objectives and how they relate to a client’s media/web/social/mobile presence
- Use this client knowledge to build integrated media plans that achieve client goals
- Analyze the results and make optimization recommendations while the media is live and use empirical data to improve results for the next buying cycle
- Write customized analysis including online media, search engine campaigns, social metrics, mobile metrics, and web analytics that highlight campaign strengths and weaknesses and provide actionable insights on campaign performance
- Tell the full media story of the campaign lifecycle from inception through optimization to results, and do so in a client-facing, consultative manner
- Evaluate new advertising opportunities and stay abreast of trends in digital and emerging media
- Work closely with media to negotiate packages to offer the best value to clients
- Manage multiple projects and clients at any given time
- Present complex concepts and metrics in a user-friendly way
Requirements for Consideration
- 3-4 years (combined) experience with online media planning and web/media analytics and reporting
- Required experience in programmatic, paid social and search engine marketing
- Be a self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience using comScore and 3rd party ad serving technology (i.e., DoubleClick)
- Google Analytics certification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of social metrics (i.e., Facebook & YouTube insights)
- Critical thinker who can present complex concepts, media recommendations and data results in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to work with MS Office product suite including exceptional PowerPoint and Excel skills, Access a plus
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment and meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About our Location
Atlanta OfficeView Map