Weekly DigiKnow: The Role of Video in Recruitment
Insights From the Digital Space
There’s a great infographic making its way around the web this week that underscores the value of video, and specifically the use of YouTube, in recruitment. Why is it so important? We’ll get to some of the statistics below, but the simple explanation is that we live in a ‘show me’ society. Don’t tell me your culture is fun. Show me. Don’t tell me my future colleagues are at the top of their field. Show me. And with the proliferation of video capabilities on smartphones and tablets, showing candidates has never been easier. If you have a couple of minutes and a steady hand, you too can improve your recruitment efforts through video.
Did you know that:
• Job postings with videos are viewed 12% more than postings without video?
• Job postings with videos receive a 34% greater application rate
• Over 185 million job related searches are conducted monthly on Google
• Videos are 53 times more likely than text pages to show up on the first page of search results
• YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world
Sources: HireRabbit, YouTube, Mashable